West Texas Credit Advisors helps establish, build and fix credit. We offer two different credit repair plans and a variety of self-help products, all designed to improve your credit profile. Using a broad approach that emphasizes fixing credit report errors, dealing with collections (as well as helping to improve financial habits, pay down debt, and convert better credit into saved money), WTCA can create a plan perfectly suited to your situation.
Free Credit Review
We offer a free credit report review and Good Faith Estimate. Our Credit Advisors will conduct an in-depth analysis of your credit reports to let you know 1) if we can help you, 2) how we can help, and 3) the potential costs involved.
1) Not everyone can be helped by credit repair, because of this our free credit report analysis is designed to let you know if and how we can help. Find out who can and can’t benefit from credit repair.
2) WTCA employs a comprehensive approach to credit repair that focuses on the different factors making up the credit score. We can potentially address up to 85% of the credit score (while simply disputing negative items addresses just 35%). This means our Credit Repair Plans give you the best opportunity to fix your credit profile and raise your score. Our initial analysis will let you know how we can create a personalized strategy to improve your credit based on your situation.
3) We then provide a Good Faith Estimate outlining all potential costs involved in the credit repair process. Since WTCA charges based on what we remove from the credit report it is impossible to know before starting how many accounts will be fixed or removed, because of this we want to give a full disclosure of all potential costs (depending on different rates of success) before anyone signs a contract with us. This way there is full disclosure and no surprises.
Credit Repair Services
West Texas Credit Advisors offers two premium credit repair plans - Gold and Platinum. Each has been created as a multi-part program to guide our clients step-by-step to creditworthiness. Our plans are not designed to give a temporary credit score bumb and we do not make ridiculous promises to ‘clean credit’ or magically ‘remove every negative item from your credit report’. Rather, we want our clients to make lasting changes so they not only have a good credit score but can effectively manage their credit into the future.
Our approach to credit restoration:
1) Comprehensive approach. Many credit repair companies simply fire off template dispute letters to the credit bureaus while ignoring the multiple factors that actually make up the credit score. Disputing inaccurate, out of date and incomplete information is of course important, but considering payment history makes up only 35% of the credit score just focusing on disputing can be a very limited approach.
West Texas Credit Advisors, on the other hand, can address up to 85% of the credit score, we do this by helping our clients: open the right types and mix of accounts, properly manage debt, open and close accounts correctly, shop for credit appropriately, set up their finances so they don’t have to worry about missing payments, and more.
2) Advanced dispute tactics. Before hiring a credit repair company you should ask them exactly what they dispute and how they do it. Do they simply send letters to the credit bureaus? Do they dispute directly with original creditors? How do they work with collections and collection agencies? What types of tactics and processes do they use? What is their success rate? All of these are extremely important questions, for we have found out that many credit repair companies only dispute with the credit bureaus and do nothing else; this is easy to do but usually not very successful.
West Texas Credit Advisors utilizes the most effective and up-to-date credit repair tactics available. Through a mix of strategies we go directly to the creditors, collection agencies and credit bureaus to effectively remove or correct inaccurate, incomplete or unverifiable information from the credit report. Are we successful? The numbers speak for themselves – in the last four months alone we have deleted over 1,100 items from our clients’ reports!
3) Results based payment. West Texas Credit Advisors charges based on what we fix or delete from the credit report. After an initial consultation there are no set fees required or monthly payments charged; our clients only pay for what actually gets done. This is a common sense approach and ties each client’s fee to the amount of work needed and what actually gets done.
Why pay guaranteed fees for non-guaranteed services? Credit repair does not always work for everyone, sometimes there is just too much outside of our control and sometimes there are some accounts that just can’t be fixed. If a company charges up front or monthly payments what exactly are you paying for? This is a legitimate question to ask any credit repair organization you work with. If you are asked to pay up front then ask what service has been performed (since the Credit Repair Organizations Act forbids taking payment before service has been rendered), if you are asked to pay monthly fees then request a complete description of what the charges are for each month. Make sure you get what you pay for.
Effective credit repair depends on addressing every possible area of the credit score. How you pay your bills (on the accounts that show up on your credit report) is of course important, but it is far from everything. A large percentage of the score consists of the types and mix of accounts open and how these accounts are being managed.
For some people it is only necessary to pay debt down or move balances around, but others who have only a few or no accounts open it is important to build credit properly. No credit is pretty much the same as bad credit – it will lead to denied credit, higher interest and higher fees. Without positive account history it is impossible to boost the credit score.
The trick to building credit is to do it correctly. It is vital to have the right types and mix of accounts so that they 1) report to all three credit bureaus, 2) are quality accounts that have favorable terms, and 3) boost the credit score as much as possible. Many accounts people pay each month do not show up on the credit report – rent, phone, utilities, etc. (unless you don’t pay!), and if they do not show up on the credit report they do not build credit.
West Texas Credit Advisors helps our clients establish and build credit properly to improve the credit score as much as possible. We realize with lower credit scores it is difficult to qualify for credit, especially with decent terms.